About Vibrating Tool injuries
- No Win No Fee guaranteed
- Specialist, independent solicitors
- Professional and friendly service
- Speak direct to expert solicitors, not middle men
- Over 13 years experience
- Call for free on 0800 587 4444
Vibration injuries caused by work are commonly referred to as hand/arm vibration syndrome, the most common being Vibration White Finger (medically known as Raynaud’s Phenomenon).
It consists of finger tingling and numbness and can be followed by finger blanching attacks (i.e. whiteness), worsened by exposure to cold or touching cold objects.
The condition can also affect the arms, hands and wrists. It commonly affects those workers who regularly use vibratory, rotating or percussion hand held power tools. Prolonged exposure to such machinery can cause damage to the hand and arm by impairing blood circulation, damage to the nerve supply or musculo-skeletal damage.
Vibration exposure can also result in carpal tunnel syndrome which can cause pain in the arms and wrists, numbness and tingling.
- You need not be still employed by your employer to make a Vibrating tools injury claim
- You don’t need to have had medical treatment for your condition to make a claim
- You may claim even if the exposure to vibrating tools occurred decades ago, but usually for most types of vibrating tools, the exposure must have occurred since 1975